Belated Thanksgiving!!

It has been a minute since I have updated the Blog, but when things are going amazingly well and nothing has really changed...I don't have much to write about.

Dad has finished his second round of Chemo. With this round they doubled the dose from the first 6 weeks. So he took the Chemo for 5 days and then had a break for 23 days. At his last blood work his platelets have dropped to 100, the Doctor is confident that he can keep them under control which is positive. I just spoke to Mom and the Docs decided not to increase his Chemo for this round but to keep it at the same for the next 5 days and see what happens next month. He starts this round this coming Wednesday. It sounds like this will be the treatment plan going forward with a MRI here and there to see if the BEAST is behaving or better yet dyeing!! Dad said the Doctor is very pleased with how he is doing and feels like things are going in the right direction.

Dad's spirits are still as high as ever, and other then less hair on the left side of his head you would never know he is fighting this battle. He amazes me everyday with how strong he is. I asked how he was doing the other day and he responded with "HORRIBLE"...I of course got concerned and he started laughing..."I just wanted to say something different to see how you would react"...NOT VERY NICE MISTER!! I have had people ask me if he actually is doing as well as we keep saying he is...let me tell you in all honesty...WE ARE NOT LYING!!

Quick note on Jason...HE IS OUT OF THE HOSPITAL!! Thank you Jesus for his continued healing. Now that he is at home he is getting the best care he can with Mom around. He also gets daily Puppy Care from Max...we all know...there is no place like home!

David and I are plugging along with our everyday lives...the girls are back in School (Yay)...Belle is living in Dorm so we are testing out the empty nest situation...I enjoy it but miss her all the same. David has been doing some Boilermaker jobs so he has been working away from home...so I am really an empty nester...just me and the doggos! He is leaving for Thunder Bay on Sunday for the next week possibly more...so it will be quiet around here again. I am working from home due to a COVID outbreak at my company, people are back to work now but I refuse to bring any sickness home to Dad so I have set up shop in the basement. Not sure if or when Ill be back in the office...but I can get everything done from home so its not that much of a rush.

We haven't celebrated Thanksgiving yet but we plan to do so on November 6th with my Aunt Glenda and Uncle Len from Ontario. David is excited for the Prime Rib (always thinking with his tummy). As you have all read in these updates, we have so much to be thankful for. In the beginning the prognosis was grim, but with the strength of the Lord, the medical team, Dad's determination, Mom's patience and caring ways, and the support of the rest of us, we can see a light at the end of the tunnel, and it is bright and glorious. It brings a tear (or more) to my eye thinking of how far we have come since that dreadful May 29th morning! I still have my Dad and that is the best possible outcome ever.

Thanks again for all your support and prayers during this time, we appreciate them all!

Happy Thanksgiving from all of us to you!

~ Helmut, Rosana, Jason, Shannon, David, Belle, Felicity, Max, Ruby and Sasha ~


Comments

  1. We enjoyed coffee and pie with Helmut and Rosana on Thanksgiving Monday and I can attest to how well Helmut is doing! We had such a good visot

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Palliative Care

Our Angel Has Earned His Wings!!

“Daddy I am Here”